Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Choice



Originally, I wanted to write about my time hanging out with my neighborhood kids...the fun stuff I am blessed to experience as I hang out with them... still working on what I want to write.  So, instead of a light-hearted blog entry, I'm posting this entry up in its place.  =D  Very different.

As I write this entry, memories upon memories invade my thoughts.  The bad times and how they've grown me. The good times with its crazy fun and laughter.  *wide grin*  All different parts of what I call "Kristy!"

This is how I feel and the choice I make every time I find myself stuck between a rock and a hard place. 


When things so wrong, so very wrong
What do I do?
What do I say?
Where do I go?

I cry for help
Arms outstretched
Seeking comfort
But none can be found

Incoherent words
Wildly lashing thoughts
Flashes of memories
Time streams by or did it stop?

Desperately reaching
Blindly groping
Emptiness and confusion
How much longer will this last?

Fear
                           Anger
        Frustration
                                        Hopelessness

Pointless thoughts fill my mind
So confused
So lost
So drained

Nowhere do I go
Nowhere by my power
Nowhere by my strength
Running in circles

I fight until I’m worn out
I scream until no voice is left
I struggle until no strength is left
So empty I feel

Panting
                             Sweating
          Weak
                                            Tired

In the quiet
In the stillness
In my hopelessness
In my total weakness

I feel a soft touch
Comfort
I hear a gentle whisper
Calm

Who reaches past my self-built walls?
Who is strong enough to save me?
Where are you?
Who are you?

"Here I am" says God the Father
"I’ll save you" says Jesus the Savior
"I’ll stay with you" says the Holy Spirit
"Will you let me?"

"I am strong" says the Lord God
"I have plans for you, not to harm you but to grow you
I want to give you the best of the best
Will you let go and trust me?"

"Come, lean on me and I will be your strength
Come, listen to me and I will give you peace
Come, follow me and I will give you hope"
The choice is mine… what will I choose?

Every time I fall, God is there
Every time I hurt, God is there
Every time I cry, God is there
Every single time... God is always there

By my choice and mine alone
I choose peace
I choose hope
I choose to follow God



Take care everyone!!!  Hope not to take so long to write the next post... life is busy!  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy