Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Another Day at the Hospital

December 4, 2013

Hands crackling.  Skin crisp.  Fingertips are numb.  Lotions and creams don't work.

My legs  feel heavy.  Ankles swollen.  My body's filled with fluid.  Still wearing compression stockings.  Still exercising.  Last night, slept with hands and feet elevated.

With trembling hands, I type.  Heart pounding.  Brain fogged.  Sleepy.

Constant airflow.  So dry.  My eyes ache.  I throw the sheets across my face to retain humidity. 

Beep.  Beep.  Beep.  My Machine feeding me liquids goes off.  "Air-in-line" it reads.  My roommate's alarm also goes off.  A cacophony of noise, slightly off beat, one rings then the other.  

A nurse is called.  Line fixed.  

Ah, time for more pills.

My body's shedding the excess water... Bathroom trip again.

Sitting in bed.  Lazy.  Staring at nothing.

Lord God, time ticks by.  I struggle to function, to think.  Thank you that I'm steady, that I don't need help to use the restroom.  Thank you for nice medical staff who are willing to listen and adjust my meds accordingly. Thank you for a husband who's willing to bring me outside food as I've eaten all the options here in this hospital. Thank you, Lord, for making this hospital stay tolerable.

In Jesus name I give my praise, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy