Saturday, June 23, 2012

Scary Backyard Project, part 1

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Just came back from renting a large concrete grinder with a 10" plate to grind down the uneven parts of our backyard.  The difference in our backyard is that we have a mix of flagstones and concrete with river pebbles imbedded into the concrete portion... really nice, but to expose the inlaid pebbles, we need to grind down the surface.  Heheheheeeee... everyone tells me that this is a "real custom project" and that "no one I know has ever done it before."

The tone in which I was told these phrases.... ummmm.... how can I say it.... sounded very... not confident.  Following those phrases were ones like "I think what you have planned will work" or "I'm not sure which rental equipment will work best for you, but this should hopefully do it."  Yeah... very convincing!  *wide grin*

I like my crazy backyard project!  When things work out... it works great!  When things go wrong... well... I've got smart people and God to back me up!  *impish grin*

The last time I rented the concrete grinder... Noel and I fully wore away the metal/diamond-coated plate until one of the bolts sheered off!  Well... that only finished like 2/3rds of our backyard and in less than 3.5 hours!

So this time around, the tool rental company was only willing to rent us their equipment on the basis that we buy a new grinding plate!  The cost!  *shudder*  But actually, they totally lost out on the deal last time... we wore out their machine so it needed to be fixed AND we demolished a brand new grinding plate... we only paid about 1/3 to 1/4 of what all that damage was worth with the rental fee.  *sheepish grin*

This time, the rental price is significantly discounted because we didn't get the equipment the whole day last time... but we pay for the grinding plate.  Still, If we break their equipment again, the manager states that they will take care of anything regarding equipment failure.  *cringe*  I don't wanna break anymore stuff!  =S

Father God, please protect us, this house, the equipment, our backyard stones and fence so that nothing breaks, gets chipped, or ruined in any way.  Father God, please protect me, Noel and Stephen as we work on the backyard together... keep us physically safe, help us be patient, have wisdom in how to use the equipment on the backyard with uneven ground, and provide us all a positive and fun-filled attitude as we work together to complete this project.

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy