Friday, April 29, 2016

Welcome home!


Thursday, April 28, 2016

"Wake up, Noel, she's having a hard time breathing!" said Ate Nora as she repeatedly knocked on the door to the cat's room.  

Opening my eyes, I force myself up and head over to the master bedroom.  Kristy was gasping for air and all I could do was hold her hand and talk to her, telling her that I'm there and that I love her lots.  Her hand felt colder than normal and she didn't respond much to anything I said.  All I could think of doing was to pray silently for her as it was only me, Chris, Ate Nora and the hospice nurse.  

"God please help Kristy!!!"

Calls and text messages went out, is this time for her to go home?  A couple of hours later, her family started to trickle in.  We took turns holding her hands, talking to her, and massaging her feet.  We even Skyped with her brother in China, so that he could be "there" with all of us.  

Around 9:30am, the Lord took her home to be with Him.  She did not struggle or suffer, she was very relaxed and seemed like she was resting in bed.  Thank you God for not letting her suffer any more!  

God, you have blessed me with an awesome wife and many great memories with her!  I thank You for bringing us together, for the love we shared and for her great example of faithfulness.  I know that You have placed us where You wanted each of us: Kristy to fight the good fight and me to support and love her all the way through the fight. Thank you God!

Thank you everyone for supporting us throughout the years, for visiting and reading her blog!  She was blown away by how many views she got and the number of people she moved with her writing.  

Here is one of her favorite pictures of us we took while on vacation on Kauai, enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I love you, Kristy. Give Jesus a great big bear hug for me. See you soon :*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless your family ! Such an amazing inspiration to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kristy,

    It's Cindy Peng, and I'm writing this because Noel has been encouraging people on Facebook to write about ways you've made an impact. You know, I really love you, and I'm so glad you decided to blog about your cancer. Thank you for cherishing the life and the plans Jesus had for you even through the pain. The way you fought so hard for your life makes me want to encourage other people to cherish theirs and keep fighting, too. You're an example to everyone at this church. When I came to the here in high school, you and Noel were the first counselors I had. Your smile was so gentle and caring, and it made me feel loved. You planted many seeds in me in your life. I remember I went to the Harvest Festival on Halloween, and you made Pacman pillows for the winners, and I still have mine on the couch at home. You also bought me the Bible I have today. Every time I read my Bible or whenever people ask me about how I got it customized and everything, I remember you and how I'm a fruit of your efforts. I can't really put it in words how I feel when I see these two things. The book is actually worn and I can remember all those times I've accidentally folded one of the pages over (hahah sorry!)and how many things I have highlighted and stuff. I know all the times people have encouraged me to read it, the times I've flipped to a random page and found just what I needed, and times I've taken it to retreats. I have a lot of experiences with it, and its age shows how beautiful you are, that you've loved me for so long. When I see the pillow you gave me, I remember how you've been consistently there for me all these six years, blessing everyone with your hugs, your attention and care. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here today, trying my best to follow God and continue the good work done in me. I want to thank you and Noel for making the church culture so cool xD I hope we keep playing paintball for decades! Then when I'm old, I can think about how I'm too old to play and then remember how awesome it was that you started this and how you used paintball to help people know God : ) I love you so much, Kristy! I love how you were an adult when I was a teenager and still entrusted your testimony and your struggles to me. You taught me what it means to be a woman of God, what marriage really looks like, what having a job and serving Jesus looks like. There are just so many ways you lived out what you believe in, and I hope whoever sees this blog again can read all these comments and get an even better (and not at all complete) picture of your ministry. Have fun chilling with God! You've finished the race strong : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy