Friday, September 23, 2011

Fun with imperfection!

Yay!!! Got my surgery date for October 5, 2011 and I've been blessed with absolutely no pain!

Wednesday Noel and I learned to float and fly in a large wind tunnel at iFly. Then yesterday, my friend came over early and helped me hack at this super large root and then dig the hard dirt by my gate in prep for laying concrete and flagstone (this girl is the best digger I've met! Her technique is awesome.... It was great to watch! And yeah... I slacked off a bit and she did some really cool digging that moved dirt fast!) =D

Anyways... Last couple of days, I've been thinking about what a perfect body or life would mean. Who wants to be perfect? I do and I don't...

Well, for one thing, if I was perfect...I'd never put my foot in my mouth, I'd remember everyone's name the first time, I'd ace any test that came my way, and I'd be able to plan for every possible issue with a contingency plan and never fail at anything... Nothing would ever or could ever go wrong! Sounds so tempting right? To never ever fail or look bad or be stupid or get hurt...

If I never say the wrong thing, I'd never understand forgiveness and mercy. If I remembered everyone's name the first time, I wouldn't try as hard to get to know the person and link their face and name with a cool event or hobby to trigger my memory. If I always aced each test, I wouldn't take the time to understand exactly why things are done or how to break a question down into smaller steps to really know the theory behind the answers. If I never made mistakes, I wouldn't need to depend on my family or friends for support...

Perfection leads to independence, boredom, an inability to understand others, stress to meet/exceed expectations... Perfection leads to loneliness... And a perfectly working body would lead me to take my activities for granted...

Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me a body that I can use to do crazy backyard projects with friends! A body that can take a beating in paintball. A body that can run when playing with my church youth. A body that can jump, climb, and tumble without a care . . . But also for the blessing of an imperfect body and lifestyle so that I can see the many blessings I have and appreciate even more the fun I'm having right now.

Lord, I thank you for the courage to make mistakes, the strength to step forward into the unknown because you're by my side. I thank you Father for the peace in knowing that my life has meaning, a purpose not defined by my own abilities and selfish wants, a life worth living and filled with blessings beyond measure by you as my Creator Father who sent his only son, Jesus, to die so that I can be saved... For opening my eyes to see that in this fallen world, I am blessed beyond measure that because my body doesn't always function at its best, I can experience and better feel the love and support of my family and friends. If I was perfect, I would be so much less than I am now... So I thank you Lord for giving me so much more!

May my upcoming surgery be to your will, Lord... I want to heal quickly with no problems or pain, but at the same time, I've seen how much I am loved and blessed... And I don't want anything less than what you have planned for me. . . For i know that my Lord's plan is better and contains more blessings than i can ever imagine! Just give me and those around me strength to stand tall, courage to face the unknown, hope in an ever-loving Father in heaven, peace that what my God calls for me to experience is never beyond what I am capable of handling, and joy that regardless of any outcome (be it for this surgery or for my life)...I am loved beyond what words can express... By my God and Jesus, by my family, and by my friends.

Thank you Jesus for this life I have lived, both the good and the bad... And for the future to come. In Jesus' name I praise my God, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy