Saturday, September 10, 2011

Making the best out of tough times

I got my CT scan done early in the morning so that I could go play, I mean work, in the burn unit.  Fun!

At 10:30, I get a call from the doctor's office asking if I could go in that same day.  Never a good sign.  *deep breath*  Nothing I can do but face reality.

I gotta say, even though Fridays are super busy, God totally provided!!!  I asked to get all my work done before leaving work for my doctor's appointment; everything done just in time!  Paperwork, making splints, seeing my evaluations, performing follow-up patient phone calls, and communicating the patient treatment plan for the afternoon and weekend... ALL DONE!  I prayed and God answered.  God is good!

So yeah, turns out that I have a growth similar to the one I had before in 2007.  *sigh*  Size is cool... about 10x9x8 cm in size.  Kinda big huh?  So I'll be going to see general surgery next week and schedule a surgical procedure.  Yay?  At least things are going to be taken care of and I won't have to worry for at least another couple of years?  I hope!

The blessing in this whole thing is that I'll get time off to rest, spend time with friends and family, and maybe even loaf-off in the sun.  I really miss that!  =D

Another blessing from God is the fact that I now have absolutely no pain.  Yay!!!

I think that God definitely knows me best!  Because I had unmanageable pain where my physical performance and capabilities were affected, I finally took the time to notify my doctor. *smirk*  I didn't do anything sooner because I fear that there was no true source to the pain... that maybe I just caught a cold, am tired from working too hard on too many things, or it's just all in my head. *shrug*  My symptoms were initially very vague so it actually takes a lot for me to say something.  Basically once I'm completely unable to function, I'll admit that there's a problem. Unfortunately, this means that I'll need major surgery this round instead of something small. *sigh*  Talk about stubbornly stupid huh? *wry grin*

Here's my prayer:

Father in Heaven, thank you for knowing me best and giving me hope even in tough times.  I ask that you continue to help me see the blessings when things are tough, help me to not always insist on doing things my own way, and give me the strength to keep walking forward.  I'm not asking for a perfectly healthy body, but I do ask that you give me peace and joy in whatever circumstances I find myself in.  Help me make the most of this body that is your temple.  Let me honor you and serve you with my body and my soul.

In Jesus' holy name I ask, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy