Sunday, April 15, 2012

Current update

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hello everyone!!! *big wave*

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog... a jumble of my thoughts, struggles I find myself dealing with, and my prayers to my Father in heaven through his Son, Jesus Christ. 

My beliefs, my passions, my life... I try to write it all down... but can't ever seem to even scratch the surface.  I see God answer my prayers so quickly and in so many ways that most never make it to my blog.  I find that my attention span is super short so interesting thoughts drift away like dust floating on the wind.  And then... my laziness!  Lots of times, I format my next blog post in my head... turn around... what was it again?  *sheepish look*

I just checked my stats today... 

One of my goals is that someone from each continent (except Antarctica *smirk*) will read my blog...  and all of you out there have made my dream come true!  *happy smile*  I'm so excited!!!  YAY!!!  Pretty cool to know that I can reach people from around the world.  =D

My purpose in blogging isn't to count how many people read my writing or where everyone is from.  Instead, my true intention is to lay my life and my thoughts and my prayers out in the open so that you can take joy from my life and appreciate all the blessings in your own life.  My hope is that you will read my blog and take time to look at God's awesome creations, treasure your precious family and friends, and see how God is crazy real in my life and can be in yours.  I want my words to make a positive difference in your life.  I want lives changed.  I want to give you a reason to hope in times of struggle and despair.  I want you to have the satisfaction of enjoying exactly where you are now.  I want you to know that you are loved.  I want you to know that your life is meaningful.  I want you to know that you always have a choice.  I want you to celebrate the life you're given... Heheheee... I'm not asking too much am I?  *wink*

Anyways, quick update.

Remember how I was worried that all my eyebrows and eyelashes would fall out with my hair and that my face would look funny?  (ummm... maybe I forgot to mention this?)  Well, turns out that God totally answered my prayers!  First my hair fell out on top of my head... but all the bald spots are now gone so I can finally stop shaving!  Monday evening on April 9th was my last shave.  To celebrate, my co-workers used henna to draw pictures on my scalp... I still have flowers, cats, coconut tree, dolphin, butterfly, bee, smiley face, star, sun, and various other designs decorating my head.  So fun!  Now, I've got a fuzzy layer of hair about half a centimeter long covering the henna designs.

Three weeks ago, I noticed that my eyebrows were really thin , so much that I could see my skin through the hairs... now, it's back to being almost solid black.  Two weeks ago, I found my lower eyelashes falling out... now, I have a fuzzy short layer of lower eyelashes growing.  This week, I find my upper eyelashes falling out (frequently into my eyes), but no one really notices my lack of hair because God's provided that my new upper eyelashes create a black line like eyeshadow.  *wide grin*  Seems like people only notice my lack of eyelash length when I say "Hey look, when I close my eyes, you can see that my old lashes are present only in chunks!"  Heheheee... God is awesome in allowing me a face that still looks normal.  Hurray!

Physically speaking, my body still retain more fluid than it did before chemotherapy treatments... still have to wear compression stocking and elevate my legs at work.  Strength-wise... I don't have the burning sensations in my muscles when I move... I'm just too lazy to exercise.  Impaired sensation... not as bad as it used to be... still present, but at least now I can feel that my cats' fur has texture and the fact that it isn't silky smooth.  Weight... I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life!  *sniffle*  I weigh about 2 pounds more than my heaviest before chemo and an average of 6 pounds more than my standard weight since the start of high school!  (wow... that's a looong time)  Guess my weight gain may not sound like a lot, but I'm short!  My body will show my increase in weight easier than someone who's taller.  *deep sigh*  Not sure how much of my weight is fat verses fluid retention... but exercise regime coming up... where's my exercise DVDs again?  *wink*

Noel and I are also working on switching our diet to incorporate less meat and less dairy products due to a video my uncle gave us.  Not sure the diet's helping me yet... still learning to balance the meals with different veggies so that I don't get hungry in less than 2 hours...  ummmm... maybe that's not quite the right marker... I'm always eating snacks at work every 1-2 hours.  *wide grin*  At least for Noel, this diet has drastically allowed him to maintain a consistent blood glucose of around 90s-100s for his diabetes and lower his use of medicines!  Wow... there's something to this diet because even when Noel and I go off our new diet for a meal or two, his blood glucose doesn't spike like it use to!  *joyfully clapping*  Now... if this diet can only help me out too!  *smirk*

My work... I'm still working full-time.  God's blessed me with being able to work through my chemo treatments... but due to the many doctor appointments and the recent cold I got (now gone), I've only got 2 days of sick time left.  Not bad huh?  God didn't let me run out of sick leave!  Now I'm just going to continue to trust God that I'll not lack for sick time when I need it.  (wanna save up vacation time for my sister's wedding and then actually take a vacation with Noel later this year.)  =D

Noel's work... still nothing there.  I remember one of my prayer requests being that Noel would get a job offer my March 6th... didn't happen.  However, I'm seeing that even in this situation, God knows best.  Because Noel doesn't yet have a job, he's able to be at home to polish his portfolio, learn new skills, and work on a personal project that may potentially allow him to switch job positions.  

Lord God, thank you that you answer the intent behind my prayers and not just the wording of my prayer requests itself.  Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to see you provide the best in regards to my health, my life, and even in Noel's future job.  As Noel and I wait for your provision, God, I ask that you give us patience to wait on your timing, eyes/ears/heart open to walk where you lead, and wisdom in what we pray for.

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy