Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Memories of a fishing trip

Monday, July 2, 2012

So sleepy!!! 

This morning, I barely woke up in enough time to roll out of bed and scrub my face before running out the door!  *smirk*  I rested all weekend but still feel so tired... well, tired until I stepped outside.  For some reason today, I took a look at the sky... really took a look.  Filled with a carpet of soft grays and pale white, floating on a clean cool breeze... what does this sky remind me of?

Ahhhh, something about the weather today reminds me of times I go fishing with my dad.  Waking up super early, rubbing my arms in the chill wind, gazing at an endless gray sky... I remember stepping into our little zodiac inflatable boat with a hard metal bottom... rocking with the light waves.  Vroom.... my dad starts the engine as I unmoor the boat... quietly, we leave the dock and drift towards the vast open ocean.  Flying through the still bay, past the Golden Gate Bridge, out there... somewhere... wind flying through my hair, tangling with salt sprays, eyes wide open at the small specks of birds diving through the clouds... hope that, today, we will catch something big... but even without a single fish, the pleasure of a single boat ride is worth the quiet stillness during a long fishing trip.  The ride back home... *drool*  I miss sitting on the inflatable boat, legs clamped tight, one hand lightly clasping a rope, riding through the waves, flying, salt water spraying... peace, joy, hope... a little bit of memory drifting through my thoughts... so real, I feel as if I'm soaring through the ocean waves again.  Today, I sailed to work with my windows down, chill air stinging my skin, and eyes open, but seeing more than just a road.

I love fishing trips with my dad... floating with the waves, reading a book, enjoying the sun... just waiting for a fish to bite!  *wide grin*  Cleaning and gutting the fish... not so fun, but eating fresh fish... totally worth it!  *drool*

Happy Monday!!!

Next, I'm planing on showing you some pics of my backyard project from start to now... but waiting on getting permission from everyone in those pictures before I post it.  =D

Lord Father, thank you for enabling me to relive a little of my past.   Thank you for the ability to enjoy a cool breeze and gray clouds.  Thank you, Father God, for reminding me a little bit more about how good life really is and how precious my memories are...  Thank you for awesome fishing trips!

In Jesus' name I thank you, Father, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy