Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Day on the Water

Monday, October 8, 2012... the night before:

I want tomorrow to be perfect!  Karen and I planned our first one-on-one hangout together... *so excited*  We're going to go kayaking, sit our butts in an inch or two of sea water and stare at sea mammals.  *drool*  I so can't wait!

Worried, I checked the weather report for Monterey, California.  Low of 50 degrees F and high of 65 degrees at 1pm.  *shiver*  That sounds _cold_ for going on the water!

Lord God... I'm not quite sure what to ask for except that you bless my time together with Karen!  I want us both to have fun, see things we've never seen before, experience stuff for the first time, enjoy the weather... Lord, especially the weather!  These sea kayaks always soak my butt and water drips into my lap... Father, I really wanna have fun with Karen, but after just getting back from Hawaii... it's COLD here!  A wet butt, exposed feet, brisk breeze and overcast weather are gonna make me (and Karen) miserable... God HELP!!!  I wanna have a day of fun, not misery... please???

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.


Tuesday, October 9, 2012... Today:

Rolling over, I smack my phone alarm.  Silence... *sigh*  I so don't wanna wake up.  Spent last night reading a new book until 4:30am.  *sheepish grin*  NOT a good idea... especially since today's my day with Karen and I've gotta wake UP.

Slumping forward, I rub my eyes and stare outside... is that the sun?  Quickly, I grab my phone to check the weather forecast for Monterey.  I know the weather's supposed to get colder and colder with more clouds... maybe even rain.  *grimace*  Flipping through my phone to the Monterey weather... high temperature of 68 degrees.  Better, but still so cold!

Driving into Monterey, I stare in wonder.... the sun's out!  Usually, the sun's NEVER out in the morning!  God even provided a free 2 hour parking spot!  Stepping out of my car, I'm in total shock.  Is this really Monterey?  The sun's out, no dense fog cover, my legs in shorts aren't even cold... in fact, I take one of my extra long-sleeved shirts off... too warm. 

In shock, we rent two kayaks.  Even pushing out onto the sea... there were like no waves!  The water surface is glassy smooth.  The ocean barely even laps onto the sand at the beach.  The breeze isn't even enough to stir my hair!  Is this a dream?  Karen and I paddle through some kelp and immediately see sea otters... eating, grooming, sleeping.  *wide grin*  This is awesome!  Throughout that morning, we watch sea lions (or seals... not sure which) leap out of the the water eating fish, birds rushing in to feast on the left-overs, churning waters.  Further on, we see a mother otter groom her baby otter and wrap him in kelp.  A seal (?) chases my kayak only about 2 inches away!  Another seal or sea lion swims up and down near Karen's kayak.  Under us, the water continues to reflect the sky... other places, so clear I can see the ocean floor!

Oh Father in heaven... you are truly holy, awesome, mighty... wonderful beyond belief!  Today was so warm, so perfect!  Not once did I shiver with cold.  Not once did I have a difficult time finding free parking and moving my car before the two hour time limit was up.  You provided Karen and I a wonderful lunch by the ocean, a beautiful view into impossibly clear still waters, the time to share stories of your works in our life... peace, quiet beauty, heaven on earth.

Thank you, Lord God for again providing even better and more than I can ever think to ask.  Thank you for providing the biggest to the littlest things so that Karen and I could fully enjoy our time together.  Thank you, Lord, for this impossibly magical day!

Lord, may your very name continue to be praised!  In Jesus' name I praise my Father God, amen.


Preparing to go kayaking.

Out on the water!
See how calm the water was?  Told ya!

Mother otter and baby otter on the right.

seal or sea lion?
Lunch with a beautiful friend and impossibly clear water.

Our last run.  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy