Thursday, October 4, 2012

Kauai

Saturday, September 30, 2012  (sorry folks... typed this and forgot to post it!)


Standing outside, I stare in wonder at a full moon.  Funny, I see a full moon every month, but how often do I really look around me?  In awe, I stand outside on the lanai (outdoor balcony), gazing in wonder at a world blanketed in soft silver.  To my right, waves crash over and over and over.  White foam sprays and dark waters gleam.  Below me, the earth is dark, moist with rain.  Above me, soft clouds drift by, obscuring stars.  Gently, the sea breeze flows by, pushing leaves to flutter past.  Soon, holes open in the dense cloud layer allowing stars to shine through as bright pinpoints of light.

Sudden shower, waters pour.  

Playful wind with dancing leaves. 
Peace
Calm
Quiet.  

In the short time I stand to stare at the alien world around me, the sky lightens.  Soon, the silver clouds glow pink with edges of vibrant orange.  A wave of warmth spills over me as the rising sun climbs through the cloudy sky.  Brighter and brighter shines the sun, new light and shadows surround me.  A rooster crows once then twice.  Birds start chirping little calls, then louder and louder more sounds gather.  From my right, a cool sea breeze stirs the humid air.  I watch crashing waves churn and foam, turn from silver gray to a crystal green-blue tipped in white.  More and more birds raucously appear with fluttering of wings to now swaying branches… stretching, preening and feeding.  Startled, I look down, no longer is the earth a monochrome dark, but now filled with rich reds and varied greens.

Thank you, Father God, for giving me eyes to see, skin to feel, and ears to hear.  As I watch the crashing waves, rolling clouds, swaying trees and soaring birds… no two moments are ever the same.  Thank you, Lord, for the wonders of this earth.  Thank you, Lord, for the beauty and intricate details of your creation.  Thank you, Lord, that I am given this opportunity to experience this constantly evolving world at this very time, in this very place.  Thank you for renewing my spirit in your presence.  Thank you for giving me peace as I spend this time and this day with you.

Lord God, I ask that today, tomorrow, for the duration of my life… open my eyes to see you, teach me to glorify you.  Father, creator of heaven and earth, I want more of you in my life.  I want to walk where you lead, I want to serve as you call, I want to live this life pleasing you more than myself.  Lord, take my selfishness, my pride, my stubbornness and redeem my faults for your glory.  Give me your joy, your peace, your love… one different from any I can grasp in my own hands so that this world may know that you alone are God.

In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy