Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Doctor Appointment

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Father God, I'm going to see my oncologist today.  I know that the usual timeline for check-ups is every 3 months for the first year and then every 6 months for the next couple of years.  These follow ups always include tests... for me, more CT scans with contrast and blood draws.  *deep sigh*  However, Lord, I really don't want doctor appointments that often.  Can I get like a check-up every 6-8 months?  I feel lots better now and really... it feels like a waste of time to see a doctor when I'm not on any medicines, have no new problems that would require medical attention, and if my test results are all normal/clear... there's really nothing that needs to be done right? 

Please???

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

I know I've prayed many times that God will lead my doctors and guide them in the decisions that are made.  This means that I will do my best NOT to argue my personal wants and preference. Well... at least going in to my oncology appointment, I try to remind myself not to argue.  *sheepish grin*  Who knows?  Once I'm in the room with my doctor... *shrug*  God... you know me best, so I'll give this appointment into your hands.

In the room, I nervously shift in my seat and slide my feet around under the chair... waiting.  First, a nurse practitioner introduces herself, asks me a TON of questions, collects my printed test results and completes a very thorough physical exam of my nervous system (probably since I mentioned my continued neuropathy in my fingers and toes). 

Afterwards... in comes my oncologist.  At first, she lists off a bunch more tests she wants done, then states that she wants me to get my normal round of test every 3 months until I hit a year mark post-chem. 

"Do I have to???"  I plead a little bit before remembering that I'd leave the final decision up to my doctor.  *grimace* Tossing up a quick prayer for God to guide this appointment, I shut my mouth and listen to the doctor's concerns. 

"Okay, I'll make a deal with you" she says.  "Get these tests done, and if they're clear, then you can get the CT scan with contrast for your abdomen and chest done with the blood tests in 6 months.  If those tests are also clear at that point in time, I'll see you in a year."

*blink blink*  Did I hear that right?  I get a potential whole YEAR away from the doctor's office and minimized testing.  *drool*  Hurray God!!!  I still don't know what happened!  One second the doctor is adamantly insisting on having my body checked up every 3 months... then total switch around!  Praise God.  YAY!!!  I year away from the doctor's office is even better than I ever could have hoped!  *so excited*

Father in heaven, thank you so very very much for the extended periods away from tests and doctor offices.  *wide grin*  I can't wait!  Thank you for answering my prayers and closing my mouth when I wanted to argue.  *happy*  Thank you Father God for making clear that the impossible is totally possible!

In Jesus' name I praise my Father God, amen.

Here's what we bought today for this Sunday's pumpkin carving event... 34 PUMPKINS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy