Thursday, September 26, 2013

Flickering Flame

Empty moments
Broken inside
Darkness reigns
Cold dull mind

Sleepless nights
Endless days
Repeating and repeating
Shadowed self

Rocking, forward and back
Arms wrapped tight
This day just started
End, someday will

Seconds tick by
Time flows on
Eternity the present
Closing my eyes

Teeth clenched hard
Fingers clawing air
Twisting and turning
Chains wrapped tight

Escape?
Life?
Sarcastic laughter
Angry grumbles

Tired, so tired
Strength long gone
Constant struggles
Living hell

Pasteur green
Other side
One life to live
One chance to die

Wishful dreams
Barely sane
Streaming tears
Heart's shuddering shame

Anguish and pain
Screaming despair
Lost in mind
Fettered soul

Grasping hope
Lord of my life
Jesus Christ
Sanity’s light

Flame in darkness
Debts already paid
Slave to kindness
Life bought and saved

Blood, given freely
Offering to serve
Give me purpose
Lord help me live

Hands reach out
Grasping at hope
Cherished memories
Guiding light

Salvation in Christ
Hope eternal
Shinning bright
Flame of life 

Lord, Father in Heaven, I feel so broken. It's so easy to lose hope that the blessings you provide flutter away in the blink of an eye.  I want to stand strong, to face myself... but without you, I really am nothing.  

Thank you, Father God, for providing family and friends to stand by my side, to carry me when I'm weak, to remind me of you, of hope, of life.

In Jesus' name, amen.
Dinner with my co-worker friends.  Thank you for picking me up and taking me home when I couldn't drive... for reminding me of life that I still need to live.  *super big hugs*  Love ya guys!
Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
But those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy