Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Total Trust

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

       Deep breath
                          Breathe in
Breathe out
             Prepare
Remember: lifting, pushing, pulling restrictions of 20 pounds. Oh wait, this is literally my second day of doing any exercise at all!  Ummm... Okay, I'm limiting myself to less than 5 pounds!  

Equipment on.  Triple check.  Ready to climb.

Leg up. Oh wait, too high.  If I lift my leg this large a step, I'll have to use my arms more for balance and pulling.  Can't do that.  Step back down... down a little more...  ahhh, leg's still too high!  Alright, placing my foot on a rock only a couple inches higher, this will work!  Leaning forward, I gently stand up.  Success!  Yay!  I moved up 3 inches... *deep sigh*  This is gonna take a while.

Wait shift right. Step. Carefully and slowly lean left.  Ah... Haven't unweighted my right leg enough... still can't move it.  Lean left more.... Gonna fall, gonna fall!  I won't fall!  I refuse to fall... Right foot up... A little more... Got it!  *Sigh* 
Relief. Rest.  Bleah... I'm still less than two feet off the ground.  *smirk*  Good thing my friends've got my back!  If I slip, they're holding my safety rope... if I slip, today, I'm not catching myself... that'll be more than my self-issued 5 pound pulling restriction.
Slowly, inching arms overhead, I place my palms on the wall. Kristy, stay balanced!  I know this is a super easy beginner climbing wall and I'm not even sticking to the proper route color, but yikes, this is harder than I thought it would be!  I even chose a wall that leans in so I don't have to hold myself upright... but dang... my balance and these slow movements are a lot more difficult!  What normally takes me a minute or less to reach the top.... well, let's just say that there's no guarantee that I'll make it to the top at all this round.  =O  Okay, try again.  Balance.  Small steps.  Lean into the wall.  Breathe.  Repeat.  Repeat again.



Thursday, September 12, 2013

Blinking eyes, gray skies, blurred vision.  Am I awake?  My body feels heavy... not the bad kind where I don't feel good, nothing like that.  Ummm, how to describe it?  I feel like I got a good workout... that kind of heaviness.

Hopping out of bed, I do a quick scan: where do I ache?  Wherever I ache means the muscles got a workout.  Let's see...  lightly moving, I twist, turn, bend every joint, using every muscle from the fingertips to my shoulders.  SCORE!  No achiness!  Okay, next important area, my trunk.  Twisting side-to-side, bending forward and back... anything?  Anything at all?  Heheheeeee... nope.
Next... legs... ahhhh, my feet ache and my hips too.  *shrug*  This, I expected... a good leg workout!  (Actually, I was hoping my legs would be more sore.  I want to build up to my prior level of leg strength!)  =D

Father God, thank you for the opportunity to climb!  The stretching, reaching, bending, scary balancing, using muscles that have been sleeping for way too long... Lord, I so thank you for this opportunity to lightly get a workout and enjoy having fun with friends and Noel.  By your blessings, thank you that my body behaved!  Even though I was scared and there were a couple of times when I got really worried my body would act up... Lord, even in those times, you helped me safely reach a bathroom and you kept my body fully under your control!  Thank you for the new medicine... my body's reactions still are not consistent, but Lord, I believe that it is by your power I was able to go out and have fun!  Yesterday, each time I got home after going out, my body would act up, but not for the time I was out.  Yay!!!  Fun.  New memories. Goals.  Hope.

Thank you, Lord, that as I totally trust you to provide and come through, you do.  By trusting in you, this climbing session became possible.  Without you by my side, Lord, I wouldn't dare to schedule this indoor climbing session... in fact, as of Tuesday night, I wasn't even sure my body would allow me to be out and about!  

In Jesus' name, I praise you, Lord, for controlling my body and blessing me in so so many ways! Thank you for making what's impossible with medicine and self-control alone possible by your power and your provision!  Amen.

This is the group I climbed with today!  Thank you for keeping my safe!  =D

The me on the left is what I like to climb... nice and challenging routes.  The center me is the first route I climbed today... never climbed it before because it's too easy... but that's my level for today.  =O

Last climb of the day, more difficult, but didn't stay properly on route either.  So fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy