Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Morning at Home

New Video: Kristy gets a haircut!
Thanks Stephen for doing such an awesome job compiling this!  Video can also can be found in my video corner... look to the right of your screen.  =D

Monday, Novemeber 18, 2013

Warm.  Soft.  Comfortable.  Drifting in a haze of  *beep* *beep* *beep*  "Hmmmmmm..."  Burying my head deeper into warm comforters, I attempt to ignore the intruding sounds of an old alarm clock.

The body besides me flings out his arm, hitting the snooze button.  Grumbling at the seeping cold, I cling tighter to my pillows, seeking warmth.  Arms and legs reach out, blindly grasping, winding tight around the only other warm object available, my husband.  Twinning tight... I'm not letting go!

Quiet.  Peace.  Radiating warmth.  I relax and submerge myself back into vivid dreams of real people and fantastically impossible situations. This must be a side effect of the chemotherapy because I only ever get these crazy half awake, half asleep dreams each week I first get back home.

Drifting in warm gray fog, real or not, I don't care.  This is comfortable.  Diffuse light flows softly, calmly.  Nothing harsh, nothing sharp exists here.  Nothing to fear.  Nothing to worry over.  I'm content to stay like this forever!  What?  Cold seeps in, reality intrudes. My warm heat source is moving!  Nooooooo!!!  Dazed, I feel warm blankets tucked tight around me. A flutter of cold air and a smaller blanket settles around me, lulling me into its warm embrace.

In the muffled distance, I can hear my husband getting ready to start his day.  So soon?  Plantively, I offer a token grumble of protest.  No effect.  Bummer.  A new day.  What dragons will I face this time?  Slowly, I prepare.  Layer on layer of expectations, resolutions... list upon list of intentions.  Armor.  Guard. Shield.  Heart.  Okay... think I'm prepared to face the day.

Thump.  The bed shakes.  Careful.  Slow.  Determined.  A heavy weight approaches.  Nooooooooooo, I don't want this, not right now!  I'm not ready yet!  The bed dips.  Closer and closer.  Up my leg, then my hip... finally, settling on my upper chest.  Face tucked close with mine, my cat, Mika, pads at my neck and purrs.  Soft.  Fluffy.  Whiskers in my face.  Glowing eyes stare deep into my sleep-glazed eyes. Ugh.  So heavy.  Paws constantly moving, demanding attention, demanding to be petted and cuddled.  A distracted glance, that's all it takes.  Mika stealthily creeps forward, closer, even closer.  A paw lands on my face.  Annoyed, I wiggle to dislodge the unwanted bulk.  Insufficient.  Against Mika's determined will and my half-hearted attempts, I loose.  Soft, cute, furry... Yeah, all that and _heavy_ too.  Grrrr.... get that fluffy butt OFF my face!

"Good morning Ma'am.  I have your breakfast.  What is your name and birthday?"  Huh?  What?  Heavy Philipino accent?  I'm home right?  Or am I dreaming and I'm still at the hospital?  Argh... where am I really?  Rolling towards the voice, I crack open one eye .  There's a cat, I've gotta be at home.  Through dense fuzzy fur, I see two arms outreached, a silhouette with his back hunched forward and a steaming bowl of what smells like chicken soup.  Blinking away my mental fog, I watch my husband as he stands there watching me.  What in the world?  His body language looks just like the service staff at the hospital offering me food!

Bursting out in laughter, I reply "Kristy Esporo.  July 5th, 19**."

Humph, thought you're gonna figure out how old I am huh?  You really wanna know?  Too bad for those who don't already know.  *smirk*

Thank you, Father God, for a wonderful husband who daily serves me breakfast in bed.  Thank you for his constant sense of humor, his positive attitude, his loving heart.  Lord, you've blessed me beyond measure.  Because of your provisions, my husband and I can wake up laughing.  Because of these many gifts you've given us, we don't have to wake up in the morning and worry about what the day will bring... we know that you've already provided and will continue to provide.  Any worries we may have are just a slight drop in the calm pool of your all-powerful presence.

Lord, I am overwhelmed by your love.  So deep.  So impossible.  So complete.

May the laughter your've blessed us with in our household resound in those reading this blog.  Father God, you are awesome.  What else can I say?  Money, security, health... Noel and I have none of these in excess, but we are joyful in your presence beyond comprehension because we know... we know that we are completely cared for, loved, and that nothing... absolutely nothing is out of your control.  Lord God, I feel so loved now, more than when our jobs were stable.  More than when I had full independence.  More than when I thought I knew where my life was headed.  Lord... all the dreams that were based on stability and independence... now out the window... I am happier and acknowledge that I am more blessed than I believed possible!  Thank you.

In Jesus' holy name, I give my thanks, amen.

Ducking down so the needles show!  =D  Acupuncture is so cool... I felt so much better!

My parents and I having fun with the camera phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy