Saturday, January 25, 2014

Update and Prayers

Kristy's update on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hurray, no chemo this round!  I'm soooooo happy!

I was pretty worried going in to my doctor's appointment because in these two weeks, even with one less chemotherapy medication, my body isn't settling down.  I'm still super tired and frequently flop in bed.  I'm definitely not where I want to be... not bouncing back as quick as I used to.

The doctors at Stanford decided to place a hold on my chemotherapy for an additional 2 weeks due to an increase in neuropathy.  My neuropathy isn't that bad, it's like having gloves and socks on all the time.  The sensations are still there, but muffled and slightly skewed.  Good thing my vision is good and I can compensate well.  Yay!  I'm pretty careful about most things so there's no dropping objects or tripping on my feet. When I work with my silver wire, I can't tell if the ends are sharp or not with my fingertips; instead, I poke the clipped wire end against the back of my hand... or if that's not clear enough, I scrap the wire against the underside of my wrist.  Likely verdict: yup, still sharp. 

On January 31st, I'm scheduled to see a neurologist.  Hopefully, they'll take a look and test what's messed up and how.  Nice!  I want to know what condition my nerves are in.  Is the conduction normal or not?  *wry grin*  Kristy as a test-subject coming up!

On February 3rd, I see my sarcoma doctor again.  On that day, they will decide if I should continue the chemotherapy or not.  Part of me really really hopes NOT!  Beyond sitting around making jewelry, I'm up for cooking a meal; however, the next day, I'm totally wiped.  =S  I don't like this physical limitation.  If it were sore muscles, no problem.  But it's not.  When I'm tired, the 14 steps upstairs are enough to make my legs feel like jelly, my breath short, and my head all floaty. 

Kristy's prayer request:
1.  For God to continue guiding the doctors and medical staff in regards to my care.
2.  Health of both my cats.  One, Mika, keeps running to the litter box and back out.  Giving her meds, but still hard to watch her not feel well.
3.  For my body to heal, settle down.  Short-term: I want to be stronger and able to perform activities around the house consistently (laundry, dishes, cleaning up... and then there's my new jewelry hobby too!) without resulting in any fatigue... that day or the following.  Long-term:  I want the energy to play paintball and go rockclimbing again!

This bit is from Noel:

Happy New Year everyone!

Thank you all for your continued prayers and encouragements!  They are a huge blessing to me! 

My time at Apple draws to a close, my contract ends on January 30th.
Please pray for me in these coming months, as I do tend to let the stress of not having a job affect me a little bit.  Here are a few things you could pray for me about:

1.  That I will continue to share God's love, word and support to my friend, Vince, and his current team (people I've worked with before).
2.  That I will continue to trust in God's plan for my future employment, be it with Vince or elsewhere.
3.  That God will provide full time employment by the time Kristy returns to work in March.  

I think that's a good update... please let me know if you have any thing that I can pray for you all as well!  Prayer goes both ways:  asking for prayer and praying for others :)  but mainly one way: to God :)

Thank you so much for your love and support! 

Love ya'll!

Noel

Father God, thank you for being a part of our lives and the lord of our household.  Thank you for providing when and where we lack.  Thank you for always blessing us with so many loving family and friends.  Lord, we place into your loving hands: our hearts, our lives, our dreams.

In Jesus' name we pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy