Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Finding Something to Do

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Strong.  Weak.  Strong.  Weak.  I really hate flip-flopping.  Well, honestly, I'd rather switch between two extreme physical capabilities in comparison to being stuck in my weak state.

I believe that my issue is the fact I'm not weak all the time.  I find myself constantly looking forward to the time when I get strong again and plan for that eventuality. Problem: I have a very difficult time dealing with my lack of strength. Always looking forward limits my ability to deal with the present.

As I lay here, my body is relaxed.  For once, I'm actually resting.  Usually, if my mind is alert, I try to push my physical limits, see what I can do.  Today, not happening.  Why you ask?  Well, I totally learned my lesson yesterday.

Yesterday, we celebrated my sister-in-law's birthday.  I so wanted to make cookies, help Noel clean and prep the house... a thousand-and-one things to make our place more inviting.  Did I do any of it?  Nope!  It's not like I didn't try... just getting downstairs and crawling onto the couch wiped me out. Sitting in a chair, I didn't even last half-an-hour!  Poor Noel did all the cleaning, planning, prepping, cooking.  Me?  Absolutely nothing!  The sad things is, I _couldn't_ do anything.

Finally acknowledging my weakness, I am declaring that I will live using minimal strength today.  *smirk*  For once, I'll actually declare my intention to stay down!

Okies... Now that I've decided... Hmmmm... What can I do?  You didn't expect me to sleep all day did you?  Rolling my head right... nothing there. Left? Ohhhh... now that's something I haven't seriously done in a while!  *wide grin*

Crawling out of bed, I grab a clear plastic container.  Dragging myself on hands and knees, I crawl back under the blankets.  Snap.  Snap.  I open the lid of my hefty plastic container.  Pouring out the contents, I quickly shuffle the items across my lap.  Yes, everything is scattered _all_ over the entire comforter surface.  Pliers here.  Beads there: transparent plastics, crystals, semi-precious and real stones of assorted colors and sizes. Silver: wires, hooks, hoops. Other stuff: bleah, no need to even look.  I've got way too much crap accumulated over the years and rarely used.  Well, time to use it!

Lord, thank you for my pack-rat nature that provided today's activity.  Thank you that I was able to sit for a couple hours to play with beads and wires without getting frustrated by my immobility. Thank you for eyes that can see fine details.  Thank you for hands strong enough to work wire and nimble enough to use pliers. Thank you, Lord, for a mind full of creative ideas and the ability to execute those concepts.

Father God, thank you that instead of whining about being weak and tired; today, I was able to have a lot of fun!  In Jesus' name, I raise my voice in praise, amen.

2 days later...

Now what to do with all the stuff I made?  I've made 10 earrings of all different colors, shapes and sizes: green, pink, purple, blue, pearl... guess I'll try that site: Etsy.com.  If I can sell this stuff, then I'll have more money to buy more materials.  *smirk*  More materials means more skills I can learn and apply.  More skills means more stuff I can make.  More stuff I can make leads to more time used productively to keep me occupied while I'm stuck at home.  What do you think?

If you're interested in what I made, you'll find it under "enchantress79" at "Land of Dreams"

Why such fluffy titles?

Well, "enchantress79" is a combination of my eBay identification from my old selling days and my racing numbers.  "leadf00t" just doesn't quite look or sound appropriate for selling jewelry.

My Etsy shop is titled "Land of Dreams" because today is a good day where I got the opportunity to reassess my creative skills beyond work, sports activities, reading or anything church-related.  Today, I am blessed with the opportunity to jump back into my childhood dreams and ask myself "if I were *fill-in-the-blank*, what would I wear or have?"  A princess would wear what type of earrings?  An elegant lady?  A child who enjoys sparklies?  Then beyond jewelry, I am capable of making costumes.... how about a Renaissance girl's bodice?  A traveler's fur-edged cape?  A cute stuff toy pillow?   I want my Etsy account to encompass my creative passions if I ever decide to make stuff for sale. *wide grin*  I'm lazy... set the groundwork now and never have to do it again.

This year is gonna be another crazy, God-filled, inspiring year.  I can feel it.  *wide grin*  Gotta love this life... when one thing stops, even more endless opportunities open up!  Let's see what else life throws this way.  Bring it!

Happy New Year!!!

Like the mess I made?  It's even worse now as I pull more stuff out!  Half this stuff I bought in high school or college and never used until today.  =O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy