Friday, January 13, 2012

First day post-chemo

I'm feeling great!!! Hurray!!!

I was so worried yesterday getting my first set of chemotherapy infusions because my body is usually really sensitive to medications... but besides being a little sleepy (likely from the benedryl) and my left arm hurting when the Gemcitabine was being infused... NO ISSUES! I'm so super happy!!! *wide grin*

No soreness from the Neulasta shot today either! Score! =D

I actually had a lot of fun today... got to spend time with Noel (we both got a little grumpy, probably with the residual stress from yesterday... but it's all better now), visited a friend's new baby, and received a super funny picture from my loving co-workers with oranges in their mouths and holding post-its reading "We ❤ U"!!! I love it!

Today, the only side effects I noticed are shakiness in my limbs that went away as the day progressed, needing more focus to use the same amount of muscle strength, and a definite decrease in my sense of taste! I chewed a jalapeno pepper and its seeds today with no problem! A slight warmth in my mouth, but that's it! *awed*

I'm feeling a little edgy right now, but that's probably because I spent too much time yesterday and today sitting around... I feel like I need to MOVE! Maybe I'll consider starting a gym membership again? I love to sit and read when I'm super busy (total procrastinator), but I find that when I'm forced to sit still... I crave being active! *smirk* Contrary huh?

During our young adult fellowship today, I found myself doing deep squats with prolonged holds just to get the jitters out... was tempted to go for a run too! Heheheee... Am I weird? *wide grin*

Father in heaven, thank you so much for such a wonderful blessing during this time of my first chemo treatment. Even though things may get a lot tougher along the way, thank you, Lord, for easing me in!

Lord, I ask that you continue to help keep me and Noel strong, both physically and mentally. May we not use this cancer and times of difficulty as an excuse to slack-off!

Thank you, Father, for the thousand and one blessings! In Jesus' name I pray for all this and more, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy