Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mortgage and Refinance

I want a change of pace... getting tired about writing all about my cancer stuff, how I'm doing, etc. *smirk* Time for something a little different. Plus, I'm getting bored of reading manga... I've been reading every night after work for the last couple of days... too much of a good thing becomes very unsatisfying! Bummer... *deep sigh*

Back in November, I sprawled in bed as household finance numbers drifted in and out of my head. I remember tossing up a quick prayer: "God, I know Noel and I just refinanced to a lower interest rate early this year... whenever the time is right to refinance again, please let me get a notice in the mail from our lender notifying us to refinance. When that happens, I'll get the process started. But Lord, I ask that when we refinance... that you provide a super great deal with no extra fees or tricks. Ideally, I really want to get rid of our mortgage insurance sooner so that more money can be placed into repaying our principle. Thank you. In Jesus' name I pray, amen."

Early this month, I got a notice asking Noel and I to consider refinance. Yay! Time to get started!

I love seeing God provide awesome deals in unique ways. *wide grin* It's a fun game between God and I. I ask knowing that my Father in Heaven provides in crazy ways... and it's always amusing to see how my needs and many of my wants get provided for in a way I never expected or could even dream of.

This time around, I talk to the lender fairly late on Friday... right before the MLK holiday weekend. Turns out that it was also the very last day to submit loan paperwork to keep a lower mortgage insurance cost... that even a day later, I'd have to refinance with a higher pay out. Even better than this deal, it's been exactly a year since I last refinanced... meaning that I'm free to do so again. Cool huh? Perfect end of one loan period and just in time to start a new one with the most minimal long-term and short-term costs. Furthermore, since I'm going with the same lender... all fees/costs will be paid for by the lender, we get a whole 1% decrease in our interest rate (a crazy 3.25% interest), the opportunity to pay off our mortgage in 15 years while our monthly cost will still be LESS than what Noel and I currently pay a month, AND we also get the chance to nix our mortgage insurance in less than a year's time! *awe* Moreover, the required paperwork is minimal since the lender still has all our information.

Lord Father, thank you for your insane blessing!!! You take a 30-year home loan starting at 5.10% back in 2005 and turn it around into a 15-year loan at 3.25% now. Father God, it's crazy how all I have to do is just ask, sit back and wait (sometimes this is the hardest part), and you ALWAYS show me better than I ask for. I know that you don't answer all my selfish personal prayers, but at the same time Lord, you love to show off your power over the most insignificant issues and prove how much I am loved, how real you really are, how nothing is too much or too little to ask for. Thank you for growing my relationship with you, Father God, so that I can see you work so many miracles in my life, that you've grown me to have trust in you even when logically the outcome is impossible. Thank you for always providing even when I don't deserve it!

Lord God, I give the rest of this refinance into your hands. May the home appraisal be just the correct amount for the purpose and intention of our needs. May all the following paperwork and all further transactions be executed smoothly with no mistakes or irritable glitches. Give Noel and I wisdom in regards to what steps we need to take/perform in order to pay off all our debts and to wisely handle the money you've placed in our care.

Thank you, Lord, for answering crazy prayers, unspoken desires/needs, and always showing me over and over again that you care more for me personally (my relationship with you, my attitude, my heart) than anything else I could do or give or say. Thank you, Father God, for always giving me the best even when I sometimes only want what's good enough. May you please bless those who read this blog with knowing how real and powerful and wonderful a personal Father God you are.

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy