Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bigfoot is coming!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Sorry this post is late everyone!  Yesterday, I totally forgot that anything related to blogs even exist.  *sheepish grin*

Just finished discussing games with a fellow counselor in planning Bigfoot games created by our student leaders.  *smirk*  Makes me realize how spoiled I am!  This year, I'm not in charge of the games, set-up, organizations, snacks, registration, etc... *happy*  The only things I'm supposed to take care of is the medical preparations (meds and bandages) as well as ordering the Bigfoot T-shirts... basically all done!!!  YAY!!!


Heavenly Father, I ask that you prepare our hearts for Bigfoot.  Lord, I ask that you tie up the loose ends and help us counselors and youth leaders and all participates finish our tasks.  May nothing be forgotten, may no one be left behind.  As people are really busy and some now getting sick, Father, I ask that you help each person going to Bigfoot so that they won't need to stress out.  Father, please make this planning and preparation process a fun challenge for the student leaders... something that will build them up and not knock them down.

Working in a team means trusting my team to do their part... I can't handle the whole event by myself and I don't want to!  At the same time... as details are handled by others, I get nervous... what happens if something goes wrong?  Something gets forgotten?  Something doesn't work?  How about if someone gets hurt?  *shudder*  Then I remember... when things go wrong, that's when I see you, God, most clearly.  *wide grin*

Having glitches in the Bigfoot program is going to happen... and Lord, you care more about my heart than any task I perform and how I perform it.  Looking back in my life, Lord, I see some of your best and most precious blessings when things in my life go very wrong. *smirk*  (You'd think I'd remember that already!)  So instead of praying for the perfect Bigfoot event or lack of injuries, Lord, I ask that my heart to serve you and to serve others is in the right place.  Help me to serve, but not to take on more than you call me to. 

Thank you, Father, for the peace in following you!

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Here's a verse we went over in Footprints this Friday night that really struck a cord in me while preparing for Bigfoot:

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments.  And his commandments are not burdensome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy