Sunday, August 5, 2012

Being a Cheerleader =D

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I'm actually just done with work (still at work).  =D  Since home and chores are piling up so quickly, I thought I'd try typing this blog at a work (but after hours)... ummmm, maybe this'll help me get my thoughts and posts out quicker?  *wide grin*  Then again... maybe not.  *wink*

Good news: Noel got a job!!!!  Hurray for Hubby!  =D

This contract job Noel got requires long hours of over-time (he gets home even later than I did yesterday after I hug out with my friends from work!), very minimal pay, and isn't one that'll last for years to come (temporary).  However, both of us feel that this is the job he should accept.  Financially, not making anymore than when he was on unemployment... but, well, when God calls so clearly, we've both learned to listen.  *wide grin*  I don't know where this job of Noel's will lead, but I also know that so far, every single job Noel has had... we've both grown and learned from it.  God is good... I don't expect that Noel's current job situation will be any different than his past jobs.  *smile* 

It's hard to see Noel come home from his first full day at work... tired and drained... and then to come home to more chores lined up.  Poor Hubby!!!  During this time, all I can do is cheer for him and get off my lazy butt and help more with the household chores.  =D  I've totally been slacking!  *smirk*

Go Noel!  I know you're tired and laying a lot on yourself... but I also know that with God by your side, this job and it's long hours will never be more than you can handle.  So Hubby... go for it!  I'll support you and walk alongside you as best as I can... but more importantly, I'll always be praying for you.  What I can't do, God can!

Father God, in my husband's new job... even though it's only a temporary job involving long hours, hard work, and little pay... Lord, I ask that you give Noel a heart and attitude to do his best at work... to serve you first, to do his best.  I ask that you continue to provide for Noel so that he can see your provision for him in all aspects of his work.  Give my husband joy and peace exactly where you have placed him, in this exact time and situation.  Please give Noel hope in the knowledge that you will provide a future job that can support our household, one in which he will learn, thrive, take joy in.  For now, Father God, I ask that you give Noel the wisdom, concentration, energy and focus to work quickly, efficiently and accurately at the tasks assigned to him without resulting in any injuries or fatigue as his body is required to perform the same repetitive motions... over and over again... while sitting at a computer.

And Father... for myself... I ask that you also help me with my work. 

Colossians 3:23 (NIV)
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.

Ephesians 6:7 (NIV)
Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy