Monday, August 13, 2012

Ready, Set, Fail...

Monday, August 13, 2012

*alarm music* 

Fumbling for my cellphone, aka daily alarm clock, I turn the alarm off.  I'm surprisingly awake and feel very well rested.  Hurray!!!  I glance at the time... okay, it's 7:30am.  Roll out of bed, brush my teeth, grab my food... and I should be out the door in 20 minutes (30 minutes max if I go play with the cats).  Nice!  I'll get to work early... start giving my best effort and best foot forward.  Today's the day I want to start serving above and beyond!  I'm going to use the things I learned in the leadership course and figure out how to apply it.  Inside, I'm totally excited!  *wide grin*

As I roll around in bed, mentally preparing myself for the day to come.... ummmmm, something feels off.  What is it?  Hmmmm... it's middle of the hour so I've still got time.  What's wrong?  *shrug*  I can't quite put my finger on it.  Ah well, it'll come to me.  *grimace*  I don't need to get to work until 7:30am anyways. 

Frozen for a moment, I hastily grab my cell phone to check the time... it's 7:37am.  Shoot!  I'm supposed to be _at_ work by 7:30!!!  There goes my goal to get to work on time.  *deep sigh*  Fingers trembling, I dial work.  "I'll be late today... probably get to work by 8:30am... Sorry."

At work, I arrive and swipe in at 8:15am.  *tsk tsk*  Sure I got to work "early."  Sure I'm going to be better than I usually am... *wry grin*  On the day I want to start my new personal transformation project is the day I screw up even _more_ than usual.  The impact of my tardy arrival to work led to another therapist having to start work early to cover for me.  The effects of my lateness is more pronounced than my usual getting to work 5-7 minutes late.  *grimace*

Lord God, I totally messed up today!  I forgot to change the alarm I set for the leadership conference back to my work schedule and got to work super late!  Even though I started work frazzled, thank you, Father, for refocusing me on work.  Thank you for helping me perform my patient treatments with efficiency, giving me a steady hand and guiding me through my still unfinished stack of paperwork.  *sheepish grin*  And Lord, even more than this... I thank you so much for friends at work who are willing and able to assist me when I screw up, to take my patients when I'm not there and when I run behind.  Thank you, Father God, that work is a place I thoroughly enjoy! 

Lord, I ask that in the face of failure, you provide me the strength and focus to not give up, to not let disappointment weigh me down or immobilize me.  That if I keep screwing up, Lord, help me to reorganize my life in a way that honors you as I struggle to change myself and my bad habits.  Thank you, Lord, that even as I fail over and over again, you'll walk beside me.  Someday, as I keep forging forward with you by my side, I know that I can create new good habits.

In Jesus' name I thank you and pray, amen.


Tomorrow is going to be a new day with new challenges.  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy