Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Perfect Day

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Everything started yesterday when my co-worker asked me to switch weekend days.  Instead of working today, she'll work for me and I'll work her shift next Sunday.  Hurray!!!

My first thought was that I'd use this extra time for sleep; however, when I got home, Noel reminded me that he was gonna go paintballing.  *drool*  Sleep?  What extra sleep?!?  I'm going paintballing!!!  =D  *so excited*

Arriving at SCP (Santa Clara Paintball), we were told that there was not enough advanced paintballers.  Joining the intermediate players provided me with the perfect opportunity to retrain myself.  Due to the low quantities of red blood cells, I haven't been able to play paintball all out.  Prior to today, carrying a full load of paintball gear and just _walking_ left me out of breath.  Then adding the run, dodge, slide, run-some-more portions of a paintball game... nope, couldn't do it!  I'd try to push my body, but ended up huffing and puffing in a corner gasping for oxygen.  *tsk tsk*  So embarrassing!

Today... a totally a different story!  After a long _long_ rest break... I ran into the paintball field with all the other waiting players.  Thirsting for blood, I double-check my gear.  Mask set in the correct place on my face?  Check.  Paintballs?  Check.   Barrel cover off and in my left pocket?  Check.  Hopper on?  Check.  Gun on?  It shoots!  Okay, I'm as ready as I'll ever be...

Silent count... three, two, one... GO!  Sprinting to the first dorito (a triangular shaped inflatable bunker), I dodge a flying paintball... almost hits me on my hand... slide into position... Oops... a little too much, I actually rock the dorito, giving away my position.  *shrug*  Maybe I'm being a little too excited?  Raising my new (for me) purple/black Ego 11 paintball gun, I try shooting everything I see move.  *smirk*  Why's my gun hissing and I feel air seeping through?  A little distracted, I finally notice that my surroundings are a little quieter than expected.  Ummmmm... where are my teammates?  Before I can really take a close look around, a paintball flies from my left and hits my bunker... next, a different paintball flies from my right.  Ahhhhh.... I'm getting pinned from both sides!  Tucking in tighter and tighter, I desperately look around for an escape or a way to shoot back.  Nope... I'm kinda stuck in a really small tight space.  Smaller and smaller I curl up... and then... splat... I'm out.  *wide grin*

You'd think being out was a bad thing right?  Well, getting killed is all part of the game and there are many more games to play!  Instead, today's main focus for me, personally, was my successful execution in being able to carry all my paintball gear and run!  Out of two consecutive games, I can at least last one full game participating at about 75% of my prior-to-chemo physical abilities.  Hurray!!!  *celebration*

To end this perfect day... I wanna get into the hot tub!!!

Peaking outside, I notice the trees swaying rather briskly in the wind.  We can do this!  I want that hot tub soak!  A quick rinse in the luke-warm shower, a fast trot to the hot tub... I nearly dive into the waiting warmth.  Sooooo comfy!  My cramping muscles and tender bruises melt away.  The jet streams bubbles in a caressing massage.  Even better yet, Noel shows me a stream of hot water jetting out from the base of the hot tub steps.  *deep sigh*  This is awesome!

Time ticks by.  The water's getting really hot!  Ummmm, but I don't wanna get out yet!  Ah, I know what I wanna do.  I sling my legs outside the hot tub on the ledge, fold my arms behind my neck for support and then float.  Roaring rumbles fill my ear.  Slowly, as I settle down and relax, I notice the tiny bubble skating across my skin.  Looking up, I see billowing clouds of steam obscure my vision... floating, drifting, spinning, soaring up into the unknown sky.  Suddenly, a cool breeze shoos away the steam exposing trees, heavy with blossoms, swaying and dancing to unseen forces.  Up above, I see a star or two sitting quietly in a vast dark sky.  Did that star just wink at me?  Staring harder, I start to see an extra star here, an extra star there... the more I look, the more stars I see, quietly gleaming in a cloudless night sky.  Turning to my right, I see tiny pink blossoms swirling in the calm waters between jets of bubbles.  Suddenly, the jets turn off... out half hour is done.  Quietly, gently, the splashing waters settle... bubbles looking like seed pearls coat my arm... deeper and deeper I look, finding delicate pink blossoms gliding through the depths of water now crystal clear.  A deep sigh... peace... comfort... and a cool breeze to guide me home.

Father in heaven, thank you for this perfect day.  Thank you for providing a day of paintball where the balls flew fast and hard.  Thank you for the ability to run and slide, to shoot and kill.  *wide grin*  Thank you, Lord Father for the beauty of the hot tub and my husband by my side.  I'm tired, but so happy!  The two cats are off playing by themselves, the paintball wash is complete and hanging to dry downstairs, and now it'll be time for bed.

Thank you, God of all creation, for this day of unplanned exciting fun and fulfilling rest.  In Jesus' name I give thanks for the abundant blessings of this day, amen.

For Noel's amusement... I'm including my new post hot tub hairstyle:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy