Tuesday, November 22, 2011

First day back at work

Physically, I'm feeling great! The actual climb up and down Mission Peak left no noticeable soreness. Yay! I've just lost all my stamina. *sniffle*

After a 2 week vacation linked up with my surgery and 6 weeks of disability... I'm worried about forgetting everything when I return to work. Will I forget something important? How will I treat my patients? Do I remember the paperwork? What processes have been changed? *slightly worried*

So what can I do? Nothing really. I know what I know and just hope to remember it all. Is there anything else i can do? I wouldn't know where to start in order to refresh my mind from a 2 month hiatus... But what I can't do, God can. So I prayed.

Lord, I know work has been super busy. There are a lot of patients and this is a short 3-day work week... Which usually means a super stressful schedule. Please help me remember the appropriate wound dressings. Help me to asses the wounds correctly. Help me do my paperwork correctly and finish by the end of the day. Help me to see patients at a good pace. I ask that you please provide for each patient treatment in a way that will help me review and remember how to do everything correctly. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

At work, I start with an hour of mandates. *deep sigh* Totally not fun! Actually, it's extremely brain-numbing. I fry my brain after just completing one mandate! However, just the process of logging into the computer triggers all the memories of my passwords, what programs to use, and where all my files are located. I even got a refresher course on how to look up patient schedules and admission information during the day.

In regards to patient care... The first patient wasn't the simple straight-forward case I had hoped for. The wound was larger, the dressing options offered wasn't acceptable... I had to call a doctor... twice... And then ended up choosing an unconventional dressing. Another patient, I got the opportunity to practice my debridement and unna boot application skills. Third patient was an educational review in layering wound dressings. Next patient cancelled allowing me time to organize my paperwork. Last patient provided me with practice in reviewing appropriate dressing changes and individualized patient education.

Yay!!! Day's done! I survived! =D

Father in heaven... Thank you for answering my prayers! Today, I received a thorough review for how to do my work. I completed all my paperwork. I had time to chill and talk with my friends at work.

In Jesus' name I thank you, God, for the blessings of bringing me back to work while providing a gentle re-introduction, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy