Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Exercise

Exercise and I have an ongoing love-hate relationship. I have a strong dislike for doing an action purely to get or stay strong... Instead, I like to build muscle through paintball, rockclimbing, and crazy projects (like working in my backyard or refinishing my kitchen cabinets). Well, none of those preferred activities are available to me right now with my 10# lifting restriction. *shrug* Standard exercise it is! *sigh*

Today, I pulled out Beach Body Insanity to help guide my workout. And no, I'm not crazy enough to jump right in and do everything... I think I'd flop from exhaustion! Regardless, the jogging in place, high knee marches, lunges... For now, these exercises with the cool-down and stretches are enough to make me sweat. *grin* I can't wait until I'm back to my normal form! I'm looking forward to a hike up Mission Peak and to paintball once my restrictions are off.

For now, I'm going to start ramping up my daily activities. I'm giving myself the option of doing one of the Beach Body Insanity DVDs or going out for a walk/run for this week. Next week, I plan to do both! We'll see, I feel motivated now, but I have the hardest time being consistent! *sheepish grin*

Father, thank you for providing the warm weather that motivates me to be outside! Thank you that I feel so good I now want to exercise! May you please bless me with wisdom in how to exercise and how hard to safely push myself. I want to honor you Lord by taking care of this body that your Spirit resides in and that the Bible calls a temple.

I continue to ask for wisdom and guidance for the doctors involved in my care. Please help guide the doctors to the correct people to contact in order to discuss my case and to make the appropriate decisions. I also ask that you provide accurate testing and analysis of the tissue samples at Stanford. Thank you Lord that The first lab was willing to get a second opinion at Stanford. I don't know the final results yet (and the doctors say they don't know it either)... So instead, Father, I ask for a heart of peace and patience as I and everyone else involved wait for the final result. Help me and Noel to not be anxious or stressed, but to enjoy this waiting period.

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy