Monday, October 31, 2011

Silent Dance

Today is my chosen day to flop in the sun, read manga by the pool, and ignore all technology for a while. I loved it!!! *grin*

Before the warm rays of sun start to burn, I would roll over... Kinda like how a rotisserie chicken is cooked. *smirk* It'd be nice to get a light golden tan... Just don't wanna be burnt! The pure bliss of being alone wore out after 2 hours... The manga I carried with me... all done!

With a light scrape of the pool-side chair, I pushed myself into sitting. My manga lightly scrapped as I grabbed them from a nearby table. Keys jangled loudly as I dangled them from dusty fingertips. As I prepared to leave, I observed at least 5 long spiderwebs floating on the breeze. Where there are loose webs, there's sure to be a spider attached! Ahhhhhh.... I hate spiders! Quickly, I bury myself back into the chair and watch in horror as the webs approach.

Slowly, the webs drift closer, descending from nearby trees down to my level. Grrrrr... I have nowhere to run, the webs are also drifting across my escape route. *sigh* I can't do anything and I'm not about to get wrapped up in webs that'll bring a spider into contact with me!

Sitting back, fear turns into fascination. The webs are no longer approaching me; instead, the webs drift on an invisible breeze above the pool. Light glints off long portions as the spiderwebs wave and weave with each other... never quite touching... never tangling... Just lightly spinning in their soft silent dance above still waters.

I was mesmerized. I wanted to capture the dancing webs on my phone, but the electronics would never be able to pick up the slight flash of light, nor would it pick up something as thin as a web in open space. In a moment that felt like eternity, the sun-kissed spiderwebs rose, lifted high by an unseen wind, and disappeared. I sat, staring over the pool, hoping for another glimpse of delicately dancing webs on an invisible wind... And only heard the russeling of leaves. Disappointed, I finally left. Part of my heart is still back at the pool... still mesmerized by a beauty I never imagined could exist under the sun... still looking for fragile webs and invisible wings.

Lord, thank you for blessing me with the time and heart to see the beauty of your creation. My words cannot compare to what I saw today. But may you, Lord in heaven, use this blog to open my eyes and of those reading these words, to see the unearthly beauty of your creations... To take joy from this earth you created... And to find peace in the miracles of everyday life.

In Jesus' name I give thanks to an amazingly loving Father in heaven, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy