Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Trusting in God's goodness

Yesterday was the first day of subversive life; a one week intense time of a 16 person community sleeping, eating, praying, and learning to serve each other and strangers... under one roof.

For me, this means longer commutes... And yesterday was an 8-hour class I dared to sit through... And God totally provided! I made it through the class, all the various bumpy car rides, and a whole evening of community life... Definitely not by my own strength because my body hasn't been able to handle this much activity before... So definitely by God's power!

Thank you Lord in heaven for the strength you provided so that I could participate in subversive life, make it through a long course that required a lot of sitting upright, and the peace to know that I'm not walking this path by my own insignificant power or determination. Thank you Lord for carrying me through when I don't have the strength to stand and move on my own. I again dedicate my body into your care as I've decided not to take anymore pain medicine this week. I want to trust in your provision and strength and not my own.

I'm scared for tonight... Going into the Hayward community, offering to pray for others, and having to trust that my body will be exactly what you've called me to be to reach others and be reached... I entrust my body and my time and my soul into your care...and thank you Jesus for loving and caring more for me than I do for myself.

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy