Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Medicine and Food and Friends

This post surgery life is very weird!  Before surgery, I eat a little bit of everything in sight!  My friends at work can attest to the fact that I rarely ever turn down food.  A little food here, a little food there . . . *grin*  I'm always eating or have food handy . . . just in case I get hungry.  *smirk*

About the 12th or13th day post-op, I decided to stop taking pain medicine.  Beyond the fact that I dislike taking medications . . . I didn't want to be in the position where every time I ached, I felt the need to take more meds . . . just in case!  By the fourth day of not taking any medications . . . I finally came to acknowledge that I _needed_ to take medication.  The pain didn't let me sleep well, I ached too much to move, people around me got more worried, and my daily food intake dropped way low.  These then became my reasons for taking pain meds again.  *sigh*  At least now, I know I am getting better, I only need like one pill every day or two.  Victory!!!  *grin* 

The reason I mention food is because even now, when I don't feel pain, I am no longer in the habit of eating everything in sight.  I actually have to work to make myself eat!  Having to think about eating very weird.

Thank you everyone out there who has provided me food and drinks!!!  =D  Having the yummy variety of things to eat is making a huge difference in enticing me to eat proper meals.  I'm still too lazy to get up and eat breakfast, but I now make sure I eat at least 2 full meals and 1-2 snack-meals a day.  Hurray!  Moreover, the thought of having wounds reopen from poor nutrition scares me . . . so I'm also counting calories to make sure I actually eat enough!  *wink*

On a double positive note . . . I don't have to wear my abdominal binder anymore and I no longer feel drained just from sitting upright!

Thank you Heavenly Father for the words of wisdom (like "take those pain meds" and "don't be such a guy") and the supplies of supper yummy food and drinks I have received from very loving and supportive friends to help me get better.  Receiving so much support and care from so many people is something I'm still learning to graciously accept . . . so Lord, please teach me to joyfully receive the support and help from others... this is a very hard lesson for me to learn.  I've always been very independent and able to do everything myself, always wanting to help others, but not knowing how receive help.  Thank you Father for providing so many people who want to help and are patient with me as I go through with this learning process.

Lord, I ask that when I go to radiology this Thursday, that if there's anything to find in my chest/lungs, may it be found, documented, and addressed.  On the other hand, Father, I ask that if there's nothing to find, then may there be no false readings on the scan.

I also want to ask for wisdom for me, Noel, and all the medical staff involved in regards to how to progress with my diagnosis of leiomyosarcoma (or whatever else it may be) . . . for wisdom and accuracy in the questions asked, tests ordered and taken, assessments done, intervention/treatment process . . . this whole health issue.  I ask Lord that you take control of how my cancer is dealt with.

Thank you Lord for the peace I have in you.  For the continued support of all my friends and family showered upon this household, for knowing that I'm loved and cared for . . .

In Jesus' name, amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy