Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Oncology appointment

Yesterday, Noel and I went to see the oncologist at my hospital. I'll say "my hospital" because I also work there in the physical therapy dept... I love it there! Many of the staff I work with are very caring and good friends... they're family. *grin* After all, I spend most of my daylight hours at work... We laugh and play together, support each other when schedules get packed, we listen to each other, and we occasionally play pranks on each other. I miss work... Can't wait to go back next Monday!!! *excited*

Back to the oncology waiting room... In the half-hour long wait just to register... I was the 5th person in line. On the side, Noel played with an iPhone game, adjusting the volume to what he thought was quiet...which isn't so quiet in a silent waiting room with no other distrations. To me, the game was noisey and slightly irritating... Okay... Honestly more than irritating when just signing-in took so long, I was stressed about time and nervous about meeting a new doctor.

Still, I'm grateful Noel stays by my side. =D He's the sweetest husband I could ever ask God for! Noel is kind, thoughtful, caring, gentle, and able to put up with an irritable Kristy! *Wide grin*

Anyways, back to the doctor. Her choice option is chemotherapy, one that is shown to work with uterine leiomyosarcomas. *shrug* Not quite what i have, but the only option she could offer. She then went on to say that our hospital did not have the capabilities to take care of me, but that she knows a doctor at the Stanford University Cancer Center and also a doctor at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.

So now I wait again. *grin* We'll see who wants to take my case.

Father in heaven, I ask that you continue to guide the doctors so that I get referred to the right people at the right place and the correct time. I also ask that there will be no problems with my insurance for providing all necessary care. I'm anxious because I just want this whole cancer issue dealt with and done. Lord, please give me patience and a good temperament and a positive attitude as my emotions slowly get frayed. I'm used to dealing with issues that have deadlines and the knowledge that once something's over, it's completely done with! In this case, I can't imagine when the whole cancer issue will end or even if I can stop dealing with it... In a couple of months? I wish. In a couple years? Maybe. My whole life? Likely. Lord, the duration of this cancer issue has a timespan that is going to test my temper and my attitude... Please help keep me grounded in your truth and hope, Lord, regardless of what may or may not come.

Thank you, Lord, for the continued support of so many people! I know I like to depend on myself, but please help me to learn to accept and use the support you've provided when I really need it. Thank you so much, Father, that I'm physically healed, feel no current problems, and that my lifting restrictions end this week!!! I'm so excited! Real life again!

Father, I ask that you bless all the people who have blessed me with their support and prayers and well-wishes. Protect them and their families. Grow their families closer together. Fill their days with hope and laughter. Ease their burdens. And when the time calls for it... I ask that you provide each person also with an abundance of love and support... That by your blessing, God in heaven, my family and friends can also feel peace in times of hardship.

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy