Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Having fun!!!

Today was super fun! *excited*

After work, I went over to a neighbors house. I played with their kids: Xbox games, a large floor piano, and the proceeded to squash my neighbor's kid under couch pillows topped by me! *Smirk* Then I ate dinner with everyone until Noel got back from meeting one of his accountability partners.

Later this evening, Noel and I spent time with a friend and his wife at a tea shop. Talking paintball stories brings back awesome memories! I'm so itching to play!

After our snack of tea with pearls, we went to reinflate the car'sbtire up with some air. When the guys were outside, I talked to my friend's wife.... I got so excited about talking about cars and tires that I inadvertently gave her a whole instructional lecture about the importance of maintaining the correct tire pressure, effectiveness of negative camber for fast turns, and causes of abnormal tirewear. *Sheepish grin*

Am I changing from being a 100% introvert on the Myers-Briggs test into an extrovert??? Is that even possible?

I'm realizing more and more each day how important my friendships are! In the past, I would run away from spending time with people and declare the need to rest... However, I now thrive on spending time with friends. I treasure their stories... their willingness to spend a portion of their precious time with me... The safety I find being in their presence.

So fun!!! Life feels so rich now that I look around me with open eyes. I think that in the past, I looked at myself as if I was constantly surrounded by people who would judge me... That constant need to emotionally guard myself was draining. Now, I feel accepted, safe, loved, treasured. I feel more myself each passing year as confidence and knowledge of my safety grow... I no longer feel that each action or word is being analyzed, weighed, judged.

Thank you everyone for caring so much about me!

Thank you, God, that I am so loved. Thank you that I now feel safe in the presence of those around me. Thank you for teaching me to let my guard down so that I can really live! Thank you for the trials that grow my self-esteem. Thank you for the love you first showed me through Jesus so that I can learn to love others. Thank you for sending your son, Jesus, to die for my faults so that I can have a direct relationship with you... An all-powerful, life-changing, and loving God!

In Jesus' name, amen.

'Night peeps! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! *big hugs* --Kristy